Welcome to this section of my blog! This article is really to help people who do not know Jesus Christ to accept Him and become born-again. Jesus Himself said that unless you are born again, you will not be able to enter into His kingdom. Here are some pointers to help you on the GREATEST & MOST IMPORTANT journey you will ever make.
Have you tried hard to be good, be your best but to no avail? Did you try to be or do your best you can be but people still found fault? Have been a”do-gooder” all your life but still have nasty thoughts or cannot control your temper? Do you watch porn in secret even though you pretend not to? Is lust controlling your life? Or are you out and out bad and you know it? Do you do what you don’t want to do but don’t do what you want to do? Do you overeat when you shouldn’t? What secret sins are you hiding? Is it pride, greed, envy, jealousy, or laziness?
The truth is we may blame it on others of some situation or the other but really the problem is us yes you! When you were a child, no one taught you to lie, but naturally you did. That is the fallen Adamic nature we are all born with and need deliverance from. Have you ever lied? Have you ever looked at a woman/man and coveted him/her? According to Gods Laws, you are a liar or an adulterer. You could avoid all humans, live in the desert and still have unclean thoughts. Man’s condition is succinctly explained in Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?
The good news is that the Bible has a road map for salvation. The scriptures below are that road map and my prayer is that that you allow the Lord Jesus to be your Saviour and Lord. There is no other name, in heaven, on earth, under the earth by which men can be saved (Acts 4:12). Jesus says He’s knocking on the door of your heart (Rev 3:20). If you open, He will come in and stay. Today is the day of salvation, tomorrow may never come. (2Cor 6:2)
One of my favorite scripture in the Bible is Titus 2:11-14 as it sums up salvation and Christian living until Jesus Christ returns!
The Grace of God is offered to ALL men – African, Chinese, American, European, Jew, Aborigine, Arab, Tribesman, Korean, Everyone!
Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Salvation Road Map
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 5:12 “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
- Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Lk 13:5 I tell you, no, but, unless you repent, you will all perish in the same way.”
- Romans 10: 9-10 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Don’t you just love Romans 6:23 “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” AMEN!
To accept Jesus Christ into your heart, you will need to:
- Acknowledge/Admit that you are a sinner (Rm 3:23, 5:12)
- Realize the penalty for sin – Death (Rm 6:23)
- Believe that Jesus work on the cross will completely set you free from the power of sin (Rm 10:9-10)
- Repent of your sins (Lk 13:5)
- Ask God To Forgive you
- Ask Jesus to come into your heart and be your Saviour & Lord
- Live a life worthy of Jesus’s Name. The Bible says that if you name the Name of Jesus you must depart from iniquity! You must not live in sin. Why? Because you now have the power over sin. Sin no longer has dominion over you. Begin with praying and reading your Bible (I recommend the Authorized King James Version) everyday.
Here’s a simple prayer you can pray called the Sinner’s Prayer
I realize and acknowledge that I am a sinner, born of sin. I repent of all my sins (mention them) knowing that Jesus carried all my sins on the cross of Calvary. Please forgive me of my sins and come into my heart and change my life. I want Jesus Christ in my life as my Saviour and Lord from now on. In Jesus name I pray. Amen”
If you have prayed this prayer, you are now a “born again Christian.” God makes it so simple yet so profound and life-changing. If you have prayed this prayer, your sins are not only forgiven, but covered by the blood of Christ. Your actions henceforth should now show others that you have Jesus in your heart. You cannot be a Christian and live anyhow. Good news is Jesus through His Holy Spirit gives us the power to live godly after conversion. I recommend that you get yourself a KJV Bible and read it everyday as well as pray. That’s how we grow as Christians. No Christian graduates from that.
Jesus said in Hebrews 13:5 “…for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Now Share your experience with your friends!