The whole world is represented somehow in #SierraLeone to help, but the #ebola case numbers are still rising. In the midst of such a devastating crisis, people are still stealing, rampant bribery in order to bury normally or opt out of quarantine, assorted types corruption in the name of #ebola. In a crisis time like this people are only thinking of themselves? Is over 2000 dead(likely under-reported), Kingtom cemetry full not crisis enough?
Are people waiting for someone they know to die before they sit up? Ghastly burial traditions still being practiced. How long oh Salone, how long before the situation is taken seriously? Your enemies are within.
For the saboteurs and corrupt individuals in high as well as low places: is it the attraction of more funding/bribes so that your pockets will be full? What profit do you have if you gain all that money and die with #ebola? AKA loose your soul?
Selfishness only makes things worse. Apathy and lack of conviction doesn’t help either. I have said it before and will say it again, unless we REPENT AKA turn back from such wicked ways, – including bribery, endemic lying, rampant corruption, apathy, mediocrity and much more - this pestilence/plague is not going anywhere. Furthermore, with shakings all over the world, something worse may happen which may take the situation to the POINT OF NO RETURN!
Sierra Leone Christians, pray and repent for yourself and for the nation. God is ALREADY MERCIFUL but when people as a whole are stubbon, selfish and hard-hearted, it may take complete devastation before restoration can happen. God still have mercy on Salone!
2Chr 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Deception is bad but when it occurs in a “church” it’s the limit. With the rise of so many self-appointed false prophets/bishops making merchandise of the flock it’s time to post something here that will encourage anyone caught in a false church or fellowship to leave. Remember, the blind leader doesn’t fall into the ditch alone, they take their congregation with them. I didn’t say it, Jesus did (Mt 15:14, Mt 23:16-end). Remember also that wolves in sheep clothing are not sheep at all.etc They are carnivorous. That’s their nature. When they are being exposed and rebuked, one should not defend them by saying “touch not my anointed” etc.
2Pet 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
Wolves always preach some truth to draw people in. However, just like rat poison which is about 90% food however it’s the 10% that kills! At the very least, wolves must always be chased from the sheepfold. The sheep is their food source. Ensure your are not meat for some Wolf Pastor!! I saw this article/list on PimpPreacher and loved it.
If you are a Wolf/Fraud/False Pastor/Prophet (you know yourself), it’s time to REPENT and stop feeding off helpless sheep. Can you preach the Gospel without being paid? Will you die for Christ? Will you die for your flock or you are a SUPERSTAR hireling?
The veil is lifting, everyone will see you for who you are. Some fraud (Mega) churches are closing down… will yours be next? Wolves always bare their fangs along the way exposing themselves for who they are.
If you go to church and are feeling uncomfortable and probably not wanting to read this, it shows you are probably caught up already in a cult with a Wolf Pastor having thoroughly brainwashed you. Time for the church to READ their Bibles for themselves! Stop following anyone apart from Christ. Church is good for fellowship, not for us to be fleeced!
Here are some ways to see if your Pastor is a false prophet or a fraud. By no means exhaustive but it’s a start….
- My Pastor Loves Tithes.
- My Pastor Loves Titles.
- My Pastor Has issues respecting boundaries.
- My Pastor often quotes God – but his quotes are not found in scripture.
- My Pastor started the church flat broke and now he drives a $60k car.
- My Pastor’s anniversary day takes place over an entire month.
- My Pastor utters Prophesies based on material things.
- Wife of Pastor is more than just the wife of the Pastor.
- My Pastor has created impenetrable church cliques.
- It takes my pastor 7-10 Bible Verses to make one point.
- My Pastor’s Theological incompetency is leading to a redefining of Jesus Christ.
- Members have to graduate various stages of spiritual enlightenment that he created.
- Right before he enters the sanctuary 6 other people lead the way.
- My Pastor makes you fearful of leaving from under His Spiritual Covering.
- My Pastor often shares stories of people who left the ministry and died or their lives took a bad turn.
- My Pastor constantly tells members to remain Kingdom-minded, which translates to “Focus On Our Church And His Vision Only!”
- The members who Give more are Valued more by My Pastor.
- My Pastor is right – even when he’s wrong.
- Success in ministry is based on how many members assemble each Sunday.
- My Pastor now has one church location in the inner city and another location in the suburbs.
- My Pastor no longer has time to preach funerals because his other title is Sr. Pastor, so he now assigns all burials to the Assistant Minister.
- His jewelry cost more than your car.
- I can’t remember the last time I witnessed him outside feeding the homeless.
- We are required to stand when he enters the church.
- My wife is conforming to his opinion of a good woman or my husband refuses to come to church.
- I can’t remember his last private sector job.
- The planning committee is constantly asking me to volunteer for the next church Conference.
- The Benevolence Ministry requires that you fill out an application.
- The first pew of my church is reserved for the important people.
- My Pastor doesn’t even know my name – but has seen my W2.
- My Pastor told us all of his wealth came from private investments, but none of those investments were in place before he started preaching.
- All of my Pastor’s sermons are about getting to another Level and My Destiny, but never about feeding the hungry people on this current level.
- My Pastor preaches constantly about giving money and sowing my best seed, but I never see him give money or sow his best seed into any of the members.
- The church front office employees are all family members of the pastor, and some of them make three times my salary.
- I have a gut feeling that my Tithes are also financing his other women, and Child Support for children conceived outside of his marriage.
- My Pastor has changed the Church By-Laws rules to make it impossible to fire him.
- No one in the Church can find the original By-laws that were in place before we hired the current Pastor.
- I get the feeling Pastor is waiting on one of the Deacons to die so he could have Absolute Power!
- The money from sales in the Book Store is the Pastor’s pocket money.
- His gated community has a 24 hour security guard – and my name is not on the list of approved visitors.
- The only Chapter and Verses ever preached in the Book of Malachi is Malachi 3:8-10
- Every week my Pastor ask us to sow a Seed, but the name of the Seed changes every week according to his needs.
- Three out the six lines on the Tithing Envelope are all for the Pastor, and the one line at the bottom is for the First Lady.
- We use to have a van that picked up the Elderly members – now the van remains parked on side of the church.
- Before every sermon we have to hear a 30 minute lecture on how much he loves his wife – but I already know about his fling with my Hairdresser Tamika. She made it a point during my last visit to tell me all about it.
- I can no longer afford Revival Week.
- I am still not sure how he became an Apostle, and I am too afraid to ask.
- We have a Building fund, but most of the members do not own their own homes.
- I think I have paid more in Tithes than I have saved for my kids college tuition.
- My Pastor’s favorite saying is “Give until it Hurts.”
It’s been so long since I blogged, for many good reasons which I am unable to explain today. However, in a time pestilence and great havoc in Sierra Leone (and her neighbours) I can only bring what’s on my heart. At first I thought I would bring daily updates but then others seem to be doing it better than I would (check here and here - I often doubt if these figures reflect the true situation. ).
Then I thought, I would do some research about how Ebola got to Sierra Leone…. a very enlightening process which hasn’t shocked me much based on my world view. I have even compiled a timeline of Ebola. But I asked myself is it worth it posting it here? Will people even believe these so-called “conspiracy theories” which end up being the truth later? Even if they believed would it save anybody? Will it stop Ebola? Will our government do anything about it?
Friends, we can give endless daily updates, debate all day as to how ebola started: the fact is Ebola is here and people are dying as a result. Bravo! to all those in the front lines helping to eradicate the disease and I pray for them daily.
We are In The End Times
Matthew 24: 3-8 (Pls read Lk 21, Mk 13, Mt 24)
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Folks, we are in the END TIMES – END OF AN AGE in case you didn’t know. This is NOT BUSINESS AS USUAL. Such is the times we are living in. Just switch on Main Media and you will see wars, rumors of wars, flooding, untreatable diseases, economies sliding (as I am writing the dollar is sliding on it’s way to collapse I don’t know when), christians are being beheaded and crucified etc…. this is main news media alone. It’s even worse when you check alternative media.
My friend, it’s time to REPENT! This is not a battle for one country or the other. This is a battle for eternal souls.
After many warnings, God has began to remove his protection from the nations, darkness has began to cover the earth. (Is 60:1-3) Warnings have been there long time ago. Many have not heeded them. We are living in the time of the lunar tetrads or FOUR blood moons of 2014 & 2015. I witnessed on April 15th (on Passover), from my balcony, the beginnings of the first blood moon. Another one will happen in October and the rest next year. Folks I can go on forever….just open your eyes (may God give you revelation).
My question is: If you died today, where will you be? Is your faith in Jesus Christ and Him alone? (Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12) Are you trusting your money in the bank? Did you know your bank could be on the brink of collapse? Talk to the people of Cyprus who woke up one day to see the bank accounts frozen. (see here) Are you trusting your hoard of food at home? Talk to the people of Pakistan who were just flooded out of their homes. (see here) Are you trusting the gun you purchased the last time? What if you are not able to reach it in time? Are you trusting the government to protect you? REALLY? Are you planning on running to another country for protection? My friend, there’s no hiding place anymore! Except in Christ Jesus!
Judgement is coming to ALL nations. For those in the West, it will even be more spectacular. “Righteousness & Judgement are the habitation on His throne.” (Ps 97:2) Meaning God will judge sin, yes our loving God will and is judging sin whether we like it or not: individual sins, national sins. And in these days where people sin and proudly export/promote their sin, the proverbial chickens have come home to roost.
Where do you stand? What have you got to say before an everlasting God from whom the whole heavens flee? What have you to say for yourself?
Lord God I repent of all my sins: my pride, prayerlessness, apathy, laziness, fear and doubt. I repent on behalf of the church here in Sierra Leone and worldwide. forgive us for the laziness, prayerlessness and sin that is prevailing in the church. If you should count our sin, who will stand? Have mercy on us. Forgive us our sins, forgive us the idolatry, the adultery, jealousies, lewdness, pornography, envyings, apathy, pride, greed, corruption, forgive our pastors for false prophecies, not preaching the truth, for making merchandise of the sheep, forgive us for having itchy ears to hear only what makes us feel comfortable.
Forgive us for the false gospels that are prevailing in this day and age including the prosperity gospel. Have mercy on the church for turning our all-night prayers into carnivals with no power, instead of seeking Your Holy presence, we seek vengeance and fire on our neighbours.
Forgive us of the filth and abominations we allow our eyes to see on TV, ipads and phones. Forgive us for wasting our precious time on social networks instead of studying Your word and pursuing Your presence. We repent of the innocent blood that is daily shed in secret places, we repent of the abortions, child and adult sacrifices that go on in the dark and in bushes. We repent of the witchcraft and invocation of demonic spirits that so prevails in our nation. We repent of all the goings on and idolatry in secret societies including freemasonry.
We repent of taking and giving bribes. We repent of extortion, usury, building houses with money we have stolen from government. We repent of not paying our workers and taking advantage of them. We repent of keeping the poor poorer and making the rich richer. We repent of armed robberies, indulging in drugs, gang rapes, murder and violence. We repent of constantly lying till we don’t even know the truth anymore. We repent of everything You call sin. Have mercy on us as individuals and as a nation.
Soften our hearts so that we will repent to the core and genuinely turn around from our sin to receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. We know in this world things will not get better because what You prophesied about the end times is happening now and will happen regardless.
Help us to be ready to meet Jesus pure in body, soul and spirit. For He is coming for a PURE Bride. May Your Holy Spirit strengthen us in our innermost part so we can stand with the whole armour of God in these evil times.
So what am I saying? By all means let’s help eradicate Ebola, however we can, let’s heed the warnings of the health workers to prevent it from spreading. But above all, lets REPENT and TURN TO the Lord Jesus Christ who is the only true God. Being a student of the Bible, I will be lying if I said the world situation will get better. It will not. So brace yourself and be ready for what is coming. Just make sure you are in the right place with God Jehovah through His Son Jesus Christ.
Jesus is coming soon, are you ready to meet Him?
I rest my case.
Transparency International recently released some data which is very embarassing to Sierra Leone.
My take is, we have to stand up and acknowledge that these things are happening so that we can do something about it. Isn’t that what is said in therapy, acknowledge the problem you have (whether drink or drug addiction), for that is the FIRST step in resolving it?
I hear people saying only a survey of 1000 were taken and so the report is not relevant??? Was it not the same criteria used for other countries? I guess if the results were good, the same people will have no qualms in accepting it.
If we keep burying our head in the sand, most will be drowned in the mire of corruption, if it hasn’t happened already.
You only have to read recent headlines in newspapers to corroborate this data.
I love Sierra Leone and unless something is done about this endemic corruption, the country is going no where!
Little excerpt from William Yeats “The Second Coming Poem” (Read full poem here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Second_Coming_%28poem%29)
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
I pray we don’t reach the point where even “The best lack all conviction.“
Looking for a Sierra Leone investment opportunity? As a person living in Sierra Leone, I can say, I see opportunities everywhere in every sector: be it agriculture, mining, education, health, hospitality, you name it. Now whether these opportunities are viable rests with the individual looking to invest in Sierra Leone. For those – especially of the diaspora - looking to do business in Sierra Leone, one thing I suggest is pay a visit if at all possible and see how things are for yourself.
The advantages of coming before investing is a no-brainer! Really, you can’t do “remote control” business here.
First off, you will get to meet people, find out things like business rates, what you need (licenses, business registration etc) to set you up, the location of your office. For instance, if you are into mining, it’s likely you will spend more time in the provinces than in Freetown, the capital. Same with agriculture. (Although, you might want to retain an office in Freetown). In addition to all this serious business, you get to sample all the superb beaches Sierra Leone offers in your spare time!
Development in Sierra Leone is picking up. More and more investors are coming. The early bird catches the worm.
For those who need help, my company (Dunamis Ltd) offers help to those looking to do genuine business in Sierra Leone.
Here’s what we can do for you:
- We can help you navigate the Sierra Leone investment scene, put you in contact with the right people and help you get started.
- We can also help you set up a company in Sierra Leone or help set up a branch for an already existing company.
- We can setup a professional website for your business
- We can brand your business and make it well known in Sierra Leone through various media including the Sierra Leone Yellow Pages
- We can handle all your customized design & printing needs such as business cards, catalogues, leaflets, banners, t-shirts,keyrings etc
Contact me for more information or if you need references or samples and also if there’s something else you require. Likely, we can provide it or find the right person who can.
As I write this, I silently mourn for Sierra Leone. I have never been a country where people in all walks of life actively fight against progress for all. This year has been heralded with the revealing of woeful state of the Public Accounts of various ministries and other government bodies who were audited by the Audit Service. Just last week 29 people were charged to court by the Anti-Corruption Commission.
Although, people have been angry to see so much misappropriation of funds, many of those responsible will still be walking free and in THEIR respective posts by the end of this year. Such is the system here, that it beggars belief!
Accusations that will cause people to resign in other countries only cost alleged perpetrators here a few nights of lost sleep. Yes corruption is everywhere, but countries like Sierra Leone CANNOT afford it!
13 Examples Of Corruption
So how do we encounter in our daily walk in Sierra Leone? Let’s get down to what ordinary Sierra Leoneans are likely to encounter:
1. For instance, you go to buy a bag of charcoal, be warned: the seller might put only good ones on the top and the rest of the bag filled with poor quality stuff so that instead of lasting 2 weeks, it may last for just one week, then the cycle repeats itself.
Sellers of palm oil or anything local may mix it with something else inedible in order to save and make more profit. Be warned. Watch what you eat!
Measuring tins used to measure out flour, rice etc may have tampered with so they measure out less than they are supposed to.
For those who eat cooked kebhabs on the street, beware; vendors being arrested for selling dog meat is not uncommon. Yes DOG meat! Some of the stray dogs they use may actually be riddled with diseases such as rabies. But what do they care so long as they are making money! This is similar to the horsemeat scandal that has recently engulfed Europe. This shows the human heart is the same.
2. Taxi and Ocada drivers complain all the time that everyday they have to pay the police some amount of money to be able to ply their routes. In fact, if you wish to start such a transport business, you have to pay a bribe to some police of high office so that your driver will not be arrested for no reason. This is not hearsay, I know someone who was affected this way eventually he gave up. Too much hassle for little profit. Who wants to die young?
3. You go to some restaurants, you may find that your bill has been inflated because the menus have been taken away and you probably don’t remember how much your order cost anyway so you pay up.
4. If you are a restaurant owner, chances are if you don’t keep a strict eye on your staff, they will be selling their own drinks at your restaurant! YES! the day I heard one guy complain of that, I nearly fell of my seat. Whiles your stock of drinks remain…shocking!
5. If you are a hairdresser, watch out, Click Here To Finish Reading… »
Meeting With HE Ghanaian Vice President & Education Minister
This happened on the eve of the inauguration. I was very impressed with both of them. Ayiko, Ghana!
Friday the 22nd was a holiday in Sierra Leone as the president HE Ernest Bai Koroma was formally sworn in as President of the Republic. I enjoyed it especially the March past at least the initial bits. For me it was a good day except for the lack of cover even for VIP presidential seats & the delay which caused even some dignitaries to leave before time.
Same thing happened on the 50th anniversary. I think something ought to be done about this lack of organisation and attention to time, as fewer and fewer VIP’s will be willing to come and sit for ours on end in the future….
I’ve been all excited today since it’s been exactly “5ive” years today since we landed in Sierra Leone for good!. I remember how sultry the weather felt compared to the cold we had just left in England. There was dust everywhere and excitement in the air for us! We had 14 pieces of luggage with us – 8 suitcases and 5 pieces of hand luggage – All of that were placed in the helicopter which took approximately 7 minutes to bring us to Freetown from Lungi Airport. It was around 12 midnight and the car wound its way through the then busy and bumpy roads of Lumley, Regent Road then into a new life in Sierra Leone.
Now if I recall my first impression well, it was soooo…… dark – no light at that time – and our generator was on 24/7. I remember waking up the next morning and thinking “oh…my it’s so hot the heater has been on all night” hahaha… I had forgotten that we were now in the tropics no more radiators or heaters to worry about. We had our own free heating system – the sun. Thank God! I always dreaded the dreary winters.
Five years on and I can whole-heartedly say it’s been great, I am glad and thankful to God that we came back! I can’t explain every detail here. We face different challenges in Sierra Leone but slowly and gradually, we have tackled and continue to tackle each of them head-on and overcome them. Each one overcome means a better life and more importantly a better attitude to life. Most of all, I am glad for the help I get in the home. I don’t have to run around like headless chicken trying to be Superwoman. Yes Life is Good! No Life is Better!